To get started follow these steps:
Step 1 - Click the Edit Colors button
Step 2 - Select a pre-designed color palette
Or click the Choose Custom Colors button
For more control, simply click within each color area to choose a new color or enter a custom hex code. Each of the six areas on the color wheel are numbered and will change different aspects of your website's color palette when you alter them. Although not all of our site designs use the colors on the wheel in the same way, generally this is what each numbered section affects on your page:
- Color 1 on the color wheel typically correlates with your site's main background color and navigation text color
- Colors 2-4 on the color wheel affect your section colors
- Color 5 typically correlates with text color
- Color 6 typically correlates with link color
Our custom algorithm allows all of the colors on your page to interact beautifully and make your text legible, even if you changed all of these color areas to black (although you still might not want to do that).
Step 3 - When you're finished, click Save
Keep in Mind:
- The colors you choose may effect the links you create on your site, the background colors, text colors, and more. Every site design's color options effect the site a little bit differently, so have fun trying out different colors to see how it affects your site.
Section colors are automatically created palettes you can use to change the way the colors in any specific section interact. These palettes are generated whenever you change the color palette for your website and use a custom algorithm to ensure your text is always legible and your colors blend beautifully. Here is how you can use this creative feature: