Your domain name is one of the most important parts of your website. If you don't have one yet, we'd love to share some tips to make sure you're up for success.
1. Keep it simple
- Keep it short - long domain names are hard to spell and easy to forget.
- If you can, stay away from using abbreviations - these can easily be misunderstood and misspelled.
- We don't recommend using hyphens, most people forget to insert them and are directed to an entirely different website.
2. Choosing an extension
- If possible, choose a domain name ending in .com, .org or .church. These are the most common options for churches or non-profits.
- When purchasing domains we recommend purchasing a few additional domain endings. It's best to own the .com, .org and .net. This ensures that no one else takes a similar domain and potentially confuses your audience.
3. Purchasing the domain
Keep in mind:
- You don't need to buy anything else. Clover provides your website hosting, so all you need to purchase is the domain name and domain hosting.
- Choose "domain privacy" or "private registration" if it's offered - this simply ensures that you don't get a bunch of spam sent to your email address.
- Save all of your login info, like your username and password. You'll need to be able to sign back into your account so you can point this website address to your Clover website.