If your Greenhouse shows you an error message when you upload a media file, try the troubleshooting steps below:
- Check the filename: If you're seeing an error message like the one above, it may mean there is an issue with the filename. We recommend only using letters and numbers in the filename itself. Any special characters (@,#,$,%,/,_,-,",etc) can cause errors when uploading. Try to rename the file on your computer with letters and numbers only and then upload the file with the new name.
- NOTE: Spaces in the filename will become an underscore which is considered a special character.
- Check the format: Is the file .mp3, .mp4, or .mov format? If not, you may want to convert the file to one of these formats and upload it again.
- Check the file size: Is the file under 2GB? If not, we recommend making the file smaller.
- Try a different browser: Upload the file in your Greenhouse with a new browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari (for Mac).
- Try a different computer or a different network: Upload the file on a different computer or even a different internet connection. Sometimes, a hiccup in the internet connection can be the culprit.
If you're still having issues after going through these steps, feel free to email us or call us!